Another React Pro question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jchance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Of the 5 React Pros that we use, it appears that we may have to replace one of them . When the battery is replaced or on booting up. the screen flickers severely. After several seconds, it settles down. However, when in the settings mode, if any buttons are pressed for more than a couple of seconds (as in setting the date), it begins to flicker again. I first noticed a problem when I downloaded my sons last dives and looked at the graphis profile. It shows the sawtooth pattern severely.

If I have the replace the unit, I am trying to decide whether to replace it with an older unit or one of the newer (white-faced) units. On of the issues that I see coming is with the calendar built into the older unit. The dates start in 2002, but end sometime around 2018. (I do not remember the exact year and don't have one with me right now to check it.)

Does Genesis/Sherwood have an update or upgrade that will correct the problem when that year arrives and what exactly happens when the year no longer exists on the unit? Does the newer unit have the same issue? Just need to know if I have to end up replacing the faulty one.

Also, how much testing (if any) was done with the newer download cable? From an earlier post that I made, it appears that a 2004 (older) unit works with the newer cable.

Thanks!

In regards to the flickering. A couple of things could be happening with your computer.

1. you might not have a good battery connection. check to see whether the battery connection pin (which is the little triangle that sits over the battery) is touching the battery. If it is too high, then there is not a good connection.

2. is it a good battery? A weak or unbranded battery will not give enough power to the computer.

As far as the pattern on the graphs, if you want to send me the DLG file I can forward to the software engineer to evaluate.

The calendar on the older model does end in 2018. And when the time comes, we will provide a service that will update the calendar. The newer model's calendar go to 2043.

We have tested the cables and the computers. And we have never had an older unit work with the new cable. If their's worked great, I am not sure how. But it is not something that we have had success with.

The contacts are clean and good. I tried 3 separate batteries w/out success. I would be happy to send you a copy of the files if you tell me where. Currently the unit is at my LDS where I understand that they are sending it to PSI to see if they can do anything with it. Thanks.

BTW--is there anywhere that one can easily purchase replacement battery doors and o-rings for these??

Back
Top Bottom