Actual Sea temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for an actual current water temp for the northern Red Sea. I've read all the averages. Can someone who was in the water this week tell me the water temp?
I'll be there on a liveaboard next week and want to make the best decision concerning what thermal protection to bring.

At 23c I'll take the dry suit. At 25-26c I'll carry the 5mm.

Thanks in advance,

24 - 25 in Naama bay today (sharm), 24 in Rasmo and Tiran, 22 in the canyon and blue hole (dahab) three days ago. It's been unseasonably warm this year, and I can't see it dropping any further.

Cheers

C.

Thermal protection should be based on planned depth and time spend there. Temp can drop around 3-4 degree depending on your dive profile and site. I should think 5mm with hooded vest would be good overall choice. Do you tend to get cold quickly?

Hurghada:
This winter it's been warm and nice. Never really got betow 22 C on the reefs and maybe 19-20 at the beach and on shallow sites. At the moment we have 24 C and even if my normal limmit is 25 in wetsuit I have actually not been diving in drysuit this winter which is a track record for me ove the 11 years I've been living here. I get cold easily.

You find the more normal temeratures on WELCOME TO AZIAB click on "Yearly Cycle" and scroll down to the bottom.

...a...

The Aquaba gulf is 22c and has been for some time. Im in a drysuit and weezle. Expect it to hit 25c or so by mid may. Sharm area and further south is about 1 degree warmer than that all the time.

There are no thermoclines or 3-4 degrees drops anywhere and the temperatures are uniform pretty much from the surface to any recreational depth (except maybe the first 50cm or so where it might be warmer!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom