Oceanic GEO 2.0 Wrist Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have a conflicting thread! Your thread starts with the Geo 2.0 and then your post asks about the Veo 3.0.
Either route you go they are solid computers. The main difference is the Geo 2.0 is a watch style (Smaller w/smaller #'s) 2 gas computer, whereas the Veo 3.0 is a regular style (bigger #'s) 2 gas computer. Both computers are user friendly (very intuitive) and a lot of divers choose the Oceanic because they are a more liberal computer compared to some other manufacturers. With the new Dual Algorithm you can make the computer more conservative if you want to. Besides the new Dual Algorithm they have added a Deep Stop & Last Dive feature. The "Last Dive" feature is pretty cool as well. When you are done with your dive and out of your gear, this feature will allow you to bring up the "Last Dive" you just dive with the first button you hit (saves time for scrolling through options. The most popular style tends to be the wrist version of the Veo 3.0 (you can get a console if you prefer) especially if you dive in areas where a 7mm wetsuit or drysuit is required and obviously the Geo 2.0 only comes in wrist style (does come with a strap extender for 7mm wetsuit or drysuit. We stock both so let me know if I can help you with this.

Geo 2.0 - Geo 2.0 Dive Computers by Oceanic OCEA-04.8929 *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.COM 888-SCUBA-47

Veo 3.0 - VEO 3.0 Wrist Computers *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

You have a conflicting thread! Your thread starts with the Geo 2.0 and then your post asks about the Veo 3.0.

Are you sure about that? I know the link to Oceanic shows Veo, but it goes to the Geo 2.0.

Sure, I have one on my wrist right now :wink:

We have already integrated the Geo 2.0 in our simulator (so you can virtually dive with it) and we are now working on the Geo 2.0 Specialty Class that we plan to release in a couple of weeks.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Have you been in the water with it yet Alberto? Simulator sounds cool and I will try it out when my GEO arrives. :D

Have you been in the water with it yet Alberto? .....

Not yet ..... weather has been un-cooperating this year so far :depressed:

I need a REAL Nitrox fix (simulator does not provide one) :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I am trying as well to find additional info on the Geo 2.0. I am comparing the Geo 2.0 to the Tusa IQ900 and at the moment have not bought anything because I just can't determine which one I like the best. I am a new diver and the simulator sounds great but I truly believe that when a company comes out with a product that it should have been tested by dive masters and other divers so that feedback can be posted. Both computers peak my interest because of the price and I really would hate to buy one and not like it once I have it. Just throwing my two cents in.

Does anyone know if the Geo 2.0 takes its own special band as well?

Ron Roberts

I am trying as well to find additional info on the Geo 2.0. I am comparing the Geo 2.0 to the Tusa IQ900 and at the moment have not bought anything because I just can't determine which.......

We have already released the online specialty class for the TUSA Zen IQ900.
Next Wed. we will release the online specialty class for the Oceanic Geo 2.0.
Both classes contain lots of videos that show the dive computers in action in various diving scenarios .... plenty of material to do an in-depth comparison yourself.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I got one a few weeks ago when LP had them on sale for $300, was looking for an inexpensive wrist computer and stumbled accross this one. Love the size, just about perfect, and it fits over my 7mm without needing the strap extender. You can wear it as a watch and not look like a complete dork. Super easy to read for me and I can stick it right in front of my face since its on my wrist.

Very easy to use and program and the dual algorythm thingy is useful as I prefer a more conservative computer in cold water. You can also adjust each program with a conservation factor which allows you to match almost any dive computer on the market if you desire. Does nitrox to 100% with dual mixes, nice to have if you need it. It comes with a battery changing tool and they supposedly last about a year, I'll let you know.

Glad I went with the watch form factor versus the larger puck ones, ymmv.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom