us divers m2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farmerstephen13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to the sport, and my father gave me his reg setup with an U.S. Divers m2 dive computer. Only question is how to test it/make sure it works. the setup is apx 10 years old any help would be apprciated.:confused:

If it is an M2 and it is about 10 years old, then the battery is probably shot. These computers were "always on", which meant that if you flew with it and then dove, you could have some short dive times.

If the battery is shot, it is possible to change it, but you will need to take apart the case, clear out the potting compound (around the battery only!!!) and de-solder the battery. New batteries can be had at Radio Shack.

The trouble comes when you have to reseal the area around the battery. You can try silicon caulk. Some folks have had some luck with this. You can try a few other things, but the best is to try and come up with the actual potting compound (good luck, and it you find some, let me know!).

However, all this being said, it is an excellent computer. If you don't want the hassle of trying to get the battery changed, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal.

Hope this helps. If not, ask more questions! :D

Back
Top Bottom