Oceanic VT Pro problem or user error?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gummybun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a VT pro in my hands and I am trying to 'run it through its paces' before hooking up the transmitter to a tank (that I don't have).

So I have read the manual, and have the unit running in 'demo' mode.

Trail 1
I set the tank pressure to 3000psi and start the 'sequence'.
After 8 minutes at the 'surface' my 'tank pressure' disappears and the unit returns to 'real surface time' (leaves demo mode).

Trail 2
I set the tank pressure to 3000psi and start the 'sequence'.
This time I immediately 'dive' to 40 ft and do nothing else.
@40 ft, 48 min 'dive time remaining', The Air bar graph reads 40 min+. The pressure ticks down as I would expect. After 8 minutes my 'tank pressure' disappears and now shows 2 hours 8 min 'dive time remaining', I can cycle through view modes but there is no Gas/Air showing anywhere - no bar graph, nitrogen/deco graph reads 2/7 - I terminate demo mode at '2 hours remaining'.

This happens time and again often loosing the readings as soon as I start the decent.

The battery reads 100%

Anyone with this unit that has any idea why I keep loosing my air reading? Or is this a service issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom