New Zoop debuts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Revid1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was going to purchase a Gekko but see the Zoop has just been released. Is it worth the extra of computer downloading? Just need something simple and easy to use as I'm only diving several times a year. Thanks.

If download is a significant issue to you (and it is to me) you should know that it is available with a Gekko, either by using PC software other than Suunto Dive Manager, or by tweaking a firmware bit in the Gekko so it fools the SDM into thinking it's a Vyper. See
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...lyzers/133089-suunto-gekko-dive-download.html

I haven't had a chance to look at the zoop's other features. The Suunto website isn't very helpful, there's a flash-based advertising thingy that was too painful to look at for more than a a minute or so, and the compare showed no differences other than the PC interface and the color. LP doesn't show it yet. But I suspect there's got to be more ...

is one of style over substance... new look, repackaging of same features... nothing to see here...

Who has good prices on the Gekko? If I can get download ability, then the Gekko would be fine. Thanks.

LP lists it for $250, but out of stock at the moment:
Suunto "Gekko" Air/Nitrox Wrist Computer, White
They're usually among the cheapest.
They have a used/"excellent" one for $215, or call them for availability.
Note the warrantee will be from LP, not Suunto.

Or look at the SB classifieds, Craigslist, or eBay. It's a pretty common item to show up, and usually the price is nice, if you trust your instincts on the seller.

Back
Top Bottom