UK Aquasun (with ultralight ball arm adapter and homemade diffuser)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1j2j38

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm selling my Underwater Kinetics Aquasun (The AquaSun eLED Dive Light - UK - Underwater Kinetics) for $240 shipped in the US, paypal accepted. It comes with the rechargeable battery, charger, pistol grip, plus an ultralight arm adapter (Ultralight Adaptor for Underwater Kinetics (UK) Lights) for using the light with an ultralight arm system, and a homemade diffuser.

The light works great as a relatively inexpensive and bright video light, which is what I've mainly used it for. It would also be a super bright primary light. (For reference it's 825 lumens vs 450 lumens for the light cannon), and it's LED so it's much sturdier.

It's been used less than 10 times, with the two most recent dives in freshwater cenotes where it did a great job of lighting up the caverns. Never flooded.

I'm only selling because I want to do cave certification this summer and need the money for a canister light.

Sorry for the relatively blurry iphone pictures. If you want better pictures, let me know and I'll take some higher quality pics. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo1.jpeg
    photo1.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2.jpeg
    photo2.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 90
Hi,
I'm selling my Underwater Kinetics Aquasun (The AquaSun eLED Dive Light - UK - Underwater Kinetics) for $240 shipped in the US, paypal accepted. It comes with the rechargeable battery, charger, pistol grip, plus an ultralight arm adapter (Ultralight Adaptor for Underwater Kinetics (UK) Lights) for using the light with an ultralight arm system, and a homemade diffuser.

The light works great as a relatively inexpensive and bright video light, which is what I've mainly used it for. It would also be a super bright primary light. (For reference it's 825 lumens vs 450 lumens for the light cannon), and it's LED so it's much sturdier.

It's been used less than 10 times, with the two most recent dives in freshwater cenotes where it did a great job of lighting up the caverns. Never flooded.

I'm only selling because I want to do cave certification this summer and need the money for a canister light.

Sorry for the relatively blurry iphone pictures. If you want better pictures, let me know and I'll take some higher quality pics. Thanks.

thanks. anyway to see some video shot with these lights? will the adaptors work with the stinray+? am new to night/light video...i assume the defusser "spreads" the light creating a broader area for shooting.

Look forward to your response

Here's a video: Untitled on Vimeo
I'm kind of off center with my aiming of the light in the video (that was my first time using it), and note that I'm also using a 18mm wide angle lens, so it doesn't fill the whole frame if you want to use a really wide angle lens, but the illuminated area is a bit over 35 mm so it can basically fill a non wide angle shot completely. (This video was with the diffuser on. With the diffuser off, it's even brighter but has more of a hotspot and the illuminated area is probably reduced 25%. Also, I switch to low power at the end, so you can see it's still pretty bright, but obviously less so than on full power). Just for reference, the other light in the video is a princeton tec shockwave led, so a pretty bright light, but you can see it's completely blow away by the aquasun.

Yes, a diffuser spreads the light and gets rid of hot spots. I don't know anything about the stingray+, so I don't know if it would work with it or not. The attachment is designed to work with ultralight arm systems, which are pretty standard higher end arm systems for strobe and video systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom