Jupiter Dive Center Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RetMTFE

Contributor
Reaction score
We drove down to West Palm Wednesday and went out yesterday morning with Jupiter Dive Center. There were seven of us on the boat. The ride out could best be described as "The Deadliest Catch", only warmer. Easy 5-8 foot seas.
We dived Scarface and had around 40' vis with a bottom temp of 70. Saw LOTS of turtles.
When we surfaced, the bobbing like a cork really sucked. Once onboard, three of us tossed our cookies and/or protein bar and opted out of the second dive. Yeah, I'm not too proud to admit it.
Hats off to a totally professional operation....Divemaster Ham, Doug, Chris, and Cpt Mike. You would swear the boat was going to run over you and he would turn and put the ladder within ten feet.
We will be back (in nicer weather).

Last edited:
No lemons?

No lemons?

No but they said they had been seeing quite a few of all varieties.....also some rays.
Maybe the chumming we did will bring them back. :yuck:

Last edited:
When we surfaced, the bobbing like a cork really sucked. Once onboard, three of us tossed our cookies and/or protein bar and opted out of the second dive. Yeah, I'm not too proud to admit it.

Once onboard, three of us tossed our cookies and/or protein bar and opted out of the second dive. Yeah, I'm not too proud to admit it.

You should be proud to admit you opted out of a dive .It takes a smart diver to
opted out of a dive when conditions are not suitable or not feeling well .
We don't receive a metal after u cancell a dive , because their will always be another time .
:cheers: to your for using common sense

Was curious about the lemons because the last 3 times I've tried to go out I've had to bail due to 6-8 ft seas (not that I am saying those are undivable conditions, just never been in them before and would like to be a bit more experienced prior to doing so). Was hoping I may be able to swing going in the next week or 2 and am hoping the lemons might still be there.

Once onboard, three of us tossed our cookies and/or protein bar and opted out of the second dive. Yeah, I'm not too proud to admit it.

You should be proud to admit you opted out of a dive .It takes a smart diver to
opted out of a dive when conditions are not suitable or not feeling well .
We don't receive a metal after u cancell a dive , because their will always be another time .
:cheers: to your for using common sense

I think you misunderstood me. I meant I was not to proud to admit I threw up. Once that happened, not going in the water again was a no brainer.

Was hoping I may be able to swing going in the next week or 2 and am hoping the lemons might still be there.

It's really thinned out, but lemons are actually in Jupiter all year. They just move around and off the wrecks that we see them gather at in January, so it's hit and miss.

November and March are weather transistional months and seas get wicked fast. Going out in 6-8's that have a 30 second interval is easy. Cut that interval to 10 seconds and it's a puke fest. This weekend with 15MPH winds actually looks pretty good for diving since it is "West is Best" in Jupiter.

Winter diving in Jupiter is 'Hardcore' and you really have to be addicted like alot of us. But the best kept secret of Jupiter Diving is definetely the entire month of June. There is nothing on earth like it. Flat calm water, just warming up to 76 degrees, and sharks, eagle rays and fish so thick you'll push them out of the way to see where you are going.

Just don't tell anyone about June & Jupiter, let's just keep this between us. :D

I get sick in hevay seas. I never did before I started wearing glasses and do not know if that is related or not. I take the non drowsy motion sickness just about everytime now.

I tend to go the other route though when I get sick. Feed the fishes then when the second dive comes I GET OFF THAT ROCKING BOAT! I have found when I get back to the bottom and nuetral I feel better almost immediately.

There was a incidnet during mini season. I headed out in the kayak with no problems. When I hi the bottom there was a bunch of crap swaying back and forth on the bottom. THe surge back and forth was about as heavy as I have ever experienced. I started getting queasy and burpy.

I tried to work a few bugs in holes but the surge was pushing me back and forth several feet. I finally bagged the dive and just paddled around talking to people on other boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom