Divers' reviews of Suunto helO2 Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveitaly

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey, I was just curious as to what people here thought of this new innovative computer from Sunnto. It claims it can do Tri-mix readings and that would appear to make it a decent computer option for getting into Tec-diving (I am aware that most Tec divers use bottom timers and computers like the Uwatec Aladin Tec 2G).

For the most part I am simply interested in what people think of this computer. Pros/Cons and your diving experience with it. The computer will be my next purchase and I just wanted some diver feedback.

Thank you all kindly.

diveitaly

I've had mine for a little over 6 mos. now. I dive it with a Suunto Vyper Air as a back- up. I have not yet been trained in Trimix, so can't say a lot about those features other than I'm glad I do have that capability when I will need it. I got mine with the AI transmitter. I only use the transmitter on my recreational configuration, not on my technical configuration.

Pro's:
The main screen displays all important dive data on the main screen
It has user defined conservatism (a major complaint about Suunto computers being too conservavtive) you can set it to be conservative or not so much
The numbers displayed are reasonably easy to read
Has Guage only, Air, Nitrox & Trimix settings
Has the capability of up to 8 gas mixtures that can be programmed as primary or back-up mixes
The Suunto Dive Manager program is a very nice tool for downloading dives, planning dives & also can be used to program gas & dive plan information into the dive computer
Has user defined alarms for various features (depth, time, deco, ascent, air pressure,....)
For a Trimix computer, with all the features it has, it is reasonably priced
I'm sure there's more, that's what I can come up with.

Cons:

Getting from screen to screen on the computer to set parameters gas mixes, switching gas mixes & such can get a little complicated. I have to periodically review the owners manual to get from screen to screen before I dive to make sure I can make the appropriate gas switches.
That's really all I have to say negative about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom