React Backlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the React (not Pro) computer and the backlight does not work. I only noticed this after I changed the battery as the computer sat unused for several years and the original battery went dead.

I know (from reading the post of a React Pro backlight problem) that the recommendation is to take it to a dealer who will either fix it or send it out for repair (back to Genesis?). I have already talked to the dealer (and PSI) about replacing this computer (for a fee) towards a refurbished React or a new React Pro.

My questions are:

1. Is there some sort of reset to re-activate the backlight, especially after a battery change? There is no mention of this in the manual. Otherwise the computer seems to work fine.

2. Do dealers actually have the resources to fix these computers (as regards the backlight - mine did not seem to indicate he did) or will it simply be a matter of upgrade/replacement again as the warranty is long expired?

Thanks

Your dealer going to send it back to Genesis sfor service if there is a real problem other wise he's going to change the battery or bend the contact down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom