Thinking about taking up golf ball diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icedrac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I am looking to get in to golf ball retrieval. I talked to a guy here at the Dive Shack, my local dive shop. This seems like something i would like to get into. So any advice on doing so? Such as gear or companies to contact or even people to contact so i could do a few dives with. I am in mohave county. Thanks for the help.

Look for the recent story about the guy who died doing it not long ago.

I had 2 freinds that did this for years without problems, but who knows.

Watch out for those snapping turtles!

I did it here in Florida, but most of it was on skin diving (some on SCUBA). Gators were a nuisance, but I guess that is not a problem in Arizona. I also hated running into Cottonmouths and big Snapping Turtles. I got bit by snakes 3 times, and bit by a Gator once. One time I figured out that I was making about $6 per hour after expenses (including a significant kick-back to the course). Very dirty / hard work (worse than cleaning boat hulls). STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!!

Last edited:
If you listen to the people who post here looking for suckers... I mean, divers, to work their golf ball retrieval gigs for them, the money is phenomenal. Six figures, by one account. :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom