Any fresh water dive sites near Fairbanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTDivers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Everyone,

I will be visiting Fairbanks in July, 2010 and was wondering if there is any good diving inland in the vicinity of Fairbanks? Going to be up there for a week with my father(non-diver) visiting some recently re-discovered relatives. Plan on a fishing trip out of Valdez, however since I am going to be up there thought I would check into the possibilities of doing a dive or two. I found a dive operation out of Anchorage, however that would be a days drive per the map I have so I thought I would attempt to keep it local near Fairbanks. Don't want to give the wrong impression to the family........"HI!, I am here and now gone diving!", although that would be in my nature:eyebrow:. Not sure when I will get a chance to visit so I would like to take advantage of this opportunity. I have gotten a feel of the water temps near the coast in July and I am Dry Suit certified and currently working on my PADI DM rating. Any information anyone could throw at me would be great, and that includes the "good" "bad" "ugly" and "indifferent" of diving in your neck of the woods.

Thanks

Contact Test The Waters Adventure Center in Fairbanks. You can get thier website by googling them. Talk to Mitch or Kate. TTW's is the only diveshop in fairbanks. The have rentals, tanks, and they can point you in the right direction for diving. PM me if you have more questions.
Myles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom