Which computer?!?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlaineAtk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking into buying a new computer, well, new to me. I just really don't know which computer would be better or good at all? So, I figured I would ask a few people and see what kind of response I get. The computers that i am looking at are: TUSA Element iq650, Dive Rite Nitek, Oceanic DataTrans Plus, Oceanic XTC 100. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am diving Nitrox sometimes and air others.:confused:

Oceanic DataTrans Plus, Oceanic XTC 100

I wouldn't waste the money on these old computers. You buy one and something happens you are SOL because they are old.

Dive Rite Nitek

Is it an old Nitek? If yes, same answer as above. If it's between a Duo or Trio, then the Trio is the latest model, I would choose that.

TUSA Element iq650

Single button computer, I would spend the extra couple of bucks and go with a 2 button model. Not only is it 2 button for easier scrolling for menu options but usually you are also upgrading to back-lighting and max depth alarm.

Maybe check out the Oceanic Veo 2.0
VEO 2.0 Wrist Computers *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

What type of diving do you plan on doing?

I am looking into buying a new computer, well, new to me. I just really don't know which computer would be better or good at all? So, I figured I would ask a few people and see what kind of response I get. .....

since you asked ...... we are creating online specialty classes for dive computers. So far we released 7 (tomorrow we will release the one for the Geo 2.0).

Each class has tons of videos with how-to examples, quizzes and final test. So you can see for yourself how the various dive computers operate - on the surface and underwater.
The first 3 videos of each class are free - and you don't even need to register.

Here is the LIST of Dive Computers - Specialty Classes

One more thing .... some dive retailers are starting to offer Activation Codes for our classes. Make sure to ask for one when you buy a dive computer.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I am using the computer for a little bit of nitrox diving and then some compressed air diving too, I will mainly be spearfishing but will occasionally be doing so adventure diving, you know looking around and sight seeing. The reason I am looking at these older computers is because of a limited amount of money that I have to spend on the computer. I currently have an Oceanic data plus computer, I was thinking that I would be better off with one of the other computers due to audible alarms and other features. I found the Dive Rite nitek for about a hundred dollars and it is in near perfect condition. is that a decent deal? I have a buddy who wants to buy my computer and wanted the new one anyway lol.

The Nitex Duo for $100 (if it works) is a good deal and an excellent computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom