buying one fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

me_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay, I know I'm dreaming, but I can't be the first person to have lost a fin (stupid I know, but they sink like a rock and I didn't have dive equipment - I was snorkelling).
:dork2:

This was an oceanis Vortext V-16 split fin so aren't cheap. Any way to buy just one?

I know - it's a long shot....and I'll have to suck it up and buy a new pair. (hey, then at least I'll have an extra ). :)

I've seen this question come up a couple of times on other scuba forums and the general consensus is usually yeah, you're going to have to end up with an extra fin.

We have several LDS's around here who participate in adaptive scuba classes for physically handicapped people. They can always use a single fin, so we donate our single fins to them.

me diver:

I would suggest you go into the Oceanic forum and contact Doug Krause. He can help
with their policy. At Apollo we sell single fins all the time. Any Apollo Dealer can order one fin.

The Ocean claims a lot of gear. Good luck.

I found a single mako if anyone needs it.

me diver:

I would suggest you go into the Oceanic forum and contact Doug Krause. He can help
with their policy. At Apollo we sell single fins all the time. Any Apollo Dealer can order one fin.

The Ocean claims a lot of gear. Good luck.
Now that is a class act thing to do!

Another option is to put together a "fin match" party for all of the divers in your area. Throw a picnic/potluck and have everyone bring their lone fins to the party. People could also sell other used scuba gear. Just a thought...

Back
Top Bottom