Is ArmorAll okay to put on Jet Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eth727

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wanted to make my jets fins look all new and shiny. Is ArmorAll or something similiar okay to put on them to make em look shiny and new?

I wanted to make my jets fins look all new and shiny. Is ArmorAll or something similiar okay to put on them to make em look shiny and new?

Why bother?

Zero potential upside, nothing but potential downside. (Such as creating a slipping hazard on dive decks, etc)

They are always wet and shiny when underwater. :D

Primary ingredient in ArmorAll is lanolin which really is a lubricant. Not really toxic for a marine environment but on a deck it is a slick certainty. Still there is enough "grease" in the waters already.

Primary ingredient in ArmorAll is lanolin...

That's their leather protectant.

The "standard issue" Armor All contains "water-based silicone emulsions, surfactants, ultraviolet light inhibitors, humectants, dispersants and gloss enhancers" according to their website.

New looking gear.......:confused:

I prefer the well worn look........

Darling bride and I celabrated when the knee pads came off her Henderson Hyperstrech wetsuit after a couple hundred dives........

No one questions her dive experience........:D

M

Oh shoot! I didn't think about the residue coming off in the water. I'll rinse it off. My fins had a brownish film on them that made them look old and ugly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom