Our aging eyes....Aeris Atmos ai vs Pro Plus II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abaco24

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I have been searching for two hours using the search function :D so my due diligence is complete for SB I think.

I can't find any comparison of these two and for us that are moving into the 40 plus range, God has started messing with my eyes. These both appear identical, are from the same company and have big numbers, hose AI which I prefer. Wireless in water just doesn't seem right, plus the cost.

I'd like of course to hear from the users of each, and if they had the same buying process. To me I'd be happy with either, but I'm leaning toward the Aeris.

Thanks, AB

OK, I have been searching for two hours using the search function :D so my due diligence is complete for SB I think. .......
Here some more info ...... so far we have a specialty class for the Pro Plus 2 .... so you can see for yourself how it works - on the surface and underwater. See video.

We plan to have a class for the Atmos AI next month.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Yes and I saw the same, Mr. E-Dive whom wants $200-$400 PER Class to get a review (unless I'm mistaken) of the DC you just bought with a free manual.

I signed up and all you get is what you posted here, the links to intro. Thanks but maybe a lower price point per class like $5 maybe feasible to SB posters would be more reasonable.

Per my OP I'd like to hear from the owners of both and we have all graciously noted your new service.

PS -It's been nice not to have vendors troll for customers here, stick you your manufacture page for new products

Yes and I saw the same, Mr. E-Dive whom wants $200-$400 PER Class to get a review............
What? You are way off target there :shakehead:
Our classes are in the $3 to $12 range - based on the complexity of the dive computer.
and .... dive stores are starting to offer a class activation code for our classes at even discounted prices when a customer buys a computer from them ... in same cases they are even offering our classes for free to their customers.

Maybe you got confused by the fact that we list an extremely high price for classes that are NOT YET ready - the one with a RED sign next to them .... (so we make sure people don't enroll in them) ?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Abaco,

I have no idea what direction this thread took....

Anyway, for the most part these two computers are identical. Both made by the same company. The only difference is the layout.

The Aeris has that kinda slant gauge look where the ProPlus is more vertical. Pick whichever one suits you. They're both excellent computers. One of my regular dive buddies has the AI and I have the ProPlus. Hundreds of trouble-free dives on them.

-Charles

Abaco,

I have no idea what direction this thread took....

Anyway, for the most part these two computers are identical. Both made by the same company. The only difference is the layout.

The Aeris has that kinda slant gauge look where the ProPlus is more vertical. Pick whichever one suits you. They're both excellent computers. One of my regular dive buddies has the AI and I have the ProPlus. Hundreds of trouble-free dives on them.

-Charles

I don't have the computers but that was what I suspected when I read the manufacturer's blurb-- that they were the same except for the "form factor". Best to find a shop that carries it and see which one feels better, when you hold it, especially when managing the compass.

Adam

My wife has the Aeris Atmos AI and she loves it. The compass is set on the Aeris at an easy to use angle that she really likes, but I'm sure the Oceanic is fine too. Good choice IMO.

greylion - we have 60 days before keylargo and have not decided which operator to go with . Already have a place to stay. Any suggestions? Our first time to the keys thinking about taking our AOW to narrow down the size of the group as well as get a guide ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom