Just had to share this-My First Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just moved and while I was going through some old pictures and I found a picture of me on my VERY first dive.

firstdive.jpg

It was in Key Largo and my family had accompanied my father on a dive trip. I was eleven years old at the time and I had been BEGGING Dad to let me go diving with him at least once. So on a shallow reef he did a very short intro to scuba after a quick lesson in the pool. At the time they did not make any kind of scuba equipment in my size so I was using a jury rigged setup borrowed from a friend of my father's. It was a very short dive (about 10 minutes) but its been a passion I've had since that day eight years ago.

And just for comparison here is a pic taken today.

thedive.jpg

I am a swimming Scubapro bilboard lol

Anyone else have any first dive stories or then and now pictures they would like to share?

He was 62, I was 33, on the Oro Verde. I'm 47 now. Should get it up soon.

Great pics, thanks very much for sharing them.

JPC

Well, I'll start off with my first snorkelling experience. I was at Catalina Island. They gave us wetsuits with the beaver tail. Now that is not what I call comfy! But anyways, it was still a fun experience. Saw lobsters, pack of barracuda, an octopus. Then it started to rain. What an interesting day it was. I know I have a pic somewhere, but I'll have to dig it up.

The snorkelling experience lead up to me getting my certs for scuba...

As for my first dive I dove at Shaw's Cove in Laguna. Dolphins, lobsters waving at us, sea urchins galore (ouch!), garibaldi, a starfish about the size of an extra large pizza. Great vis that day.

Back
Top Bottom