new diver needs good gear 2 last

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redeyejedi

Registered
Reaction score
just certed, getting aow, nav, deep, rescue.
i would like to start investing in quality gear thats gonna last and be versatile for many dive situations and dive tasks. i hear a lot of opinions bout jacket vs back, air2 vs. octo, integr ws belts...hud designs, wings....i am green. but not 4 long. need good gear. all thoughts and ideas welcome, thanks.

My first suggestion is to read through the Scuba Equipment. It's divided into fprums for the various pieces gear.

There's lots of good info there.

I've been lurking through the equipment forums and have learned a great deal. With the popularity of discussion boards I can learn so much about a product. Many times more helpful that the manufacturer's webpage.

Look in the "General Equipment Discussions" section and your question with answers pop up all the time.

If you want a good, reliable, colder water reg that is reasonably priced look up the 'Sherwood Blizzard'.

redeyejedi

You should post this in equipment as stated earlier but you need to also provide more information about what type of diving you plan on doing as well as what conditions you will be diving in. Obviously tropical diving and tech diving are very different. I know I am going to the extremes here but just trying to make a point. If tech diving is your real goal, then you will want to purchase a rig with double attachements and a wing. Peronally , I do all my diving in tropical waters so anything I would suggest pertaining to specific gear you should not listen to!!

Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom