Hamanasi vs. Isla Marisol? OrTurneffe or Huracan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ataillan

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We are 2 experienced divers looking for a laid back resort (prefer a/c, hot water, and private bathroom) with many dives on beautiful reef and ability to do whale shark diving trips at the end of April.

So far Hamanasi and Isla Marisol seem the best option, but the dives around Turneffe and Huracan seem so amazing that we may decide to forgo whale shark diving for the reefs.

Any recommendations: Hamanasi vs. Isla Marisol? Any other.

Glover atoll vs. Long Caye area?

Would love your input.

Thank you.

We are 2 experienced divers looking for a laid back resort (prefer a/c, hot water, and private bathroom) with many dives on beautiful reef and ability to do whale shark diving trips at the end of April.

So far Hamanasi and Isla Marisol seem the best option, but the dives around Turneffe and Huracan seem so amazing that we may decide to forgo whale shark diving for the reefs.

Any recommendations: Hamanasi vs. Isla Marisol? Any other.

Glover atoll vs. Long Caye area?

Would love your input.

Thank you.

Isla Marisol is on the south end of Glover's.
Hamanasi is on the mailand. You're looking at half hour to 45 min boat rides to the reef...and another half hour or so to either Glover's or the Elbow of Turneffe.
There is a Long Caye on Lighthouse reef and also Glovers I believe.

So basically, you're asking if one mainland resort compares to the others on the atholls. No, not in dive quality because you'll most likely dive around Southwater Caye and that area from Hamanasi. It's good but not as good as the atholls in my opinion. But you do have access to the land based activities.
And yes, Thatch is a half way compromise between the mainland and the atholls.

I think we'll probably end up deciding between Isla Marisol and Huracan. But I'll also check Thatch Caye. Any other insights on how good the diving is from any of those resorts?

Thank you.

In 18 years living and diving in Belize the best diving I ever done was Glovers Atoll

Nuff said

Diving at Lighthouse is great and Huracan has a great small resort where you get individual attention. For whale shark diving you are probably better off diving out of Placencia. You can find lots of accommodation to fit almost any needs and budget. Placencia is laid back and there are lots of things to do around Placencia if you get some bad weather days where diving is a bit dicey. Placencia is known as the caye you can drive to so you get the caye experience with the advantage of being close to more ammenities and choices. You can also dive Glovers from Placencia. You can check us out at Splashbelize.com

ive just hooked up with Isla Marisol to send my divers to Glovers Reef was using another place but I was not happy with the experience my divers got there so now I have changed to Isla marisol check out the packages on my site.

Gaz Cooper

I know the Ushers, the owners of Marisol.They're from Dangriga. Good people. Dr Arthur Usher is my dentist and good spearing buddy. What is it about dentists and spearing fish? Daryl Wong (famous speargun maker and spearo) is a dentist in Hawaii too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom