Computer suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoctorBob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Oceanic Versa Pro seems to have crapped out. It is at least 7 or 8 years old.

Looking for suggestions for a new computer. I like to keep it simple, so I don't think I want air integrated. Would prefer a console mounted computer. I use a Suunto on my wrist as a backup. I do like the oceanic computers, so any suggestions on which one to get? I have seen some good deals on the Veo 100NX online. Any reason to get the Veo 1, 2, or 3? Or the Veo250 for that matter. I know the 100nx is not downloadable, but My Suunto is and I am able to download that one and not sure if I really need this feature on both computers.

I don't really have any plans for technical diving. Mostly do warm water diving using Nitrox or air.

I seen that you want a console but have seen good deals on Oceanic 100NX. I just bought a Oceanic 100NX from Scuba Toys. I have not used it on a dive yet but have tried it in a LDS's pool. So far I like it and for only $174.95. It does both Nitox and air. They also have a console for just a little more. They give great customer service. I wished my LDS gave this good of service if something goes wrong. You also will get free shipping.

Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nitrox Wrist Computer reviews and discounts, Oceanic
Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nitrox Dive Computer Console reviews and discounts, Oceanic

If you have a Suunto as your backup, why not stick with Suunto's and have the same NDL algorithm?

M

Get a simple puck computer and make sure right in the shop the changing of the batteries is easy and not a PITA. If the shop wont let you try....move on.

Although it is air integrated, it's a very easy read and is very durable

oceanic datamax pro plus 2

Among the Oceanics, if it was me, I'd go for one with more than one button and one that offers the more conservative Z+ algorithm, such as the Veo 3. Their Z+ algorithm is close to Suunto's.

The other feature I like, which I'm not sure the Veo 3 has, is a simulator function-- something the Suuntos have.

Adam

.........The other feature I like, which I'm not sure the Veo 3 has, is a simulator function .....

The Veo 3.0 does not have an integrated simulator ..... but .... the Veo 3.0 is integrated into our eDiving simulator and there is an online specialty class for it.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

My Oceanic Versa Pro seems to have crapped out. It is at least 7 or 8 years old.

Looking for suggestions for a new computer. I like to keep it simple, so I don't think I want air integrated. Would prefer a console mounted computer. I use a Suunto on my wrist as a backup. I do like the oceanic computers, so any suggestions on which one to get? I have seen some good deals on the Veo 100NX online. Any reason to get the Veo 1, 2, or 3? Or the Veo250 for that matter. I know the 100nx is not downloadable, but My Suunto is and I am able to download that one and not sure if I really need this feature on both computers.

I don't really have any plans for technical diving. Mostly do warm water diving using Nitrox or air.

The numbers by the way, are mostly memory, and the one and two button versions.. they all work exactly the same...so a 100nx.. a 180 or a 250 will all work just as well.

I have a 180 as my backup... works very well.

However,this one, is a very nice price right now... and doing dual gasses, if you ever want to, is nice:

http://www.divegearexpress.com/computers/nitekduo.shtml

If you have a Suunto as your backup, why not stick with Suunto's and have the same NDL algorithm?

M

Agree. Look at the Cobra3

Make sure you check out the Sherwood line. The Profile and Insight are both good, affordable computers that can be wrist mounted or console mounted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom