End Of Lobster Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East West

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I spent four months buying new gear , hydro 8 tanks , work on my boat and learn how to dive again " stopped for 8 years " luck was on my side . I went diving this Tuesday night and grabbed a limit of bugs . The conditions were excellent with no moon , flat seas and a warm breeze and tides in my favor . This dive was dangerous being a old wreck , night , low visibility , solo , and me with lost skills . The first dive was going to be working , finding my target spot on the wreck , shooting up a marker buoy and implementing my new method . It was three O'Clock in the morning and time to fill my bag . It was almost magical , big bugs in both hands twice . Seven good size bugs , if only you could see the smile on my face as I surfaced the water . What a good way to end the last day of lobster season .

Looking forward to those conditions, minus the 3am stuff! Going out two weeks from now to snag a few crustaceans and shoot some fish, hopefully! Good to hear you got some dinner!

Here in RI we have no season. The only time we don't take lobsters is in the fall when they molt, their shells are so soft you can crush them by picking them up. I'll be getting my license soon. Sounds like you hit it just right. When the timing is right it's like magic. Makes you wonder why you ever stopped diving doesn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom