Monarch cable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakesdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
For those St. River fans who don't already know, the cable from the Monarch to shore is buried under at least 3 feet of sand. It disappears into the sand about 30 (+/-) feet from the Monarch. We were unable to find the connection point at the Monarch. It's about impossible (with only 4 people and one entrenching tool) to dig out.

So when you're drifting from the barge, either rig your own jump line (which we did) or come out at the CSL docks.

Just an FYI. (Viz was GREAT Saturday.)

But I have to do that dive somtime this season. My dive buddy lives within walking distance of the Blue Water Bridge in Port Huron and we still havent ventured to the Canadian side for a little diving.

If you're familiar with the Port Huron side, and the process of diving in the St. Clair, you'll like the Canadian side. It has some excellent drift dives also. You should try and hook up with someone over there who can tip you off to the methods/procedures (for lack of a better term). But, frankly, I like it better than the Port Huron side.

I'm familiar with the Port Huron area dives, but only in Lake Huron. I havent set a fin in the St. Clair River yet on either side, and I dont plan on doing so without someone with experience tagging along. I would definitely want to start off on the Canadian side as the current by the CSL docks isnt as bad. Plus I hear there are some fish to look at among the pilings, which would add some more sights to check out along with the Monarch.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom