Hull cleaners- post your gadgets!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fstbttms

Contributor
Reaction score
Post pix of the gadgets you've come up with that make your job easier so we can all benefit from your cleverness. I'll start; here's my trusty pistol-grip suction cup made of 3/4" PVC pipe and the business end of a small plunger. Frosty, refreshing adult beverage shown for scale. :wink:

suctioncup.jpg

We used these at the aquarium when cleaning the acrylic windows of the tanks

190538.jpg

Here's my second entry- my scrub pad holder. Made of two pieces of 1/8" foam PVC sheet, the handle from a cement float and some 3M Sta-Lok industrial strength Velcro. Cool, delicious adult beverage shown for scale :D

scrubbers.jpg

Not too many wanna play here, I guess. :confused:

Well, here's my next gadget; a drysuit dryer. Not only does it dry out the inside of the suit in a few hours but it serves as a great storage spot for the 9 months of the year I'm not diving dry.

dryerfront1.jpg
dryerside1.jpg
dryerwithsuitbackdetail.jpg
dryerwithsuitfront2.jpg

Not too many wanna play here, I guess. :confused:

Well, here's my next gadget; a drysuit dryer. Not only does it dry out the inside of the suit in a few hours but it serves as a great storage spot for the 9 months of the year I'm not diving dry.

Nice looking rig, but I'm curious how effective it is with the feet down? Have you ever tried a version that allows you to invert the feet so any excess water can drain down and out of the neck seal?

If there is ever water in the boots, I simply pour it out when I'm doffing the suit. Anything left is evaporated by the dryer. I've never had anything but a completely bone-dry suit after leaving it on the dryer overnight, even on cold, wet, winter nights. It works very well.

I'm trying to figure out why your drysuit is getting wet on the inside. It's called a drysuit.

Hehe, guess i'm just lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom