Tell me about the good/bad on Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BadabingM3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

I've posted a few threads asking for info on hotels & diving in Dahab. So I think I'm set on Dahab for my June dive vacation. So how about the good/bad experiances you all have had there? What to look out for, what to go for kinda advice. As far as hotels, I'm going to have to be content with what is available short notice as I can't make plans too far out due to my work schedule so hopefully I'll luck out on a good hotel but still open to inputs. Thanks so much for all your help.

cheers,
Rob

A few years back I was on a tour of Egypt we sent three days in Dahab. Our hotel was booked for us but the diving I got in was on my own. The Blue hole is right there as well as the Bell and Canyon, do these for sure. The spot we eat at most of the time was Al Capons the spelling may be off, it right along the walkway along the sea. Have a great time, I know I did.

Nice! Being Italian myself, I'll for sure look for this joint. Thanks! But I'm ready to try the local dishes as well. I lived in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia as a kid/teen and can't wait to try another Shwarrma! it's been way too long.

its been 3 and a bit years since i was in dahab, but there was a great little place to eat cheap ass huge meal, on a little side st. about 2 min walk just past the huge white grocery store, and maybe its a different way of travelling but i stayed at oasis fighting kangaroo,very cheap more more money to dive with, always great people there,sahali was the managers name. if you do go tell him sam with the dog reuben say saba achrier

Shawerma in Dahab, hmmm. You might not be lucky with that!

You mean popeye's isn't authentic cuisine?! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom