Sherwood Wisdom feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbiker

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anybody diving the Wisdom still, I have a buddy who wants to sell me his... Good computer?

I'm happy with mine. It's clear, has the features I need, and I find the screen easy to read.

It's a great computer. Lots of functions and easy to use. Is this a Wisdom or a Wisdom II you're looking at?

Wisdom 2 is a great rec dive computer. Easy to use, easy to read. What else does one need for a rec computer?

It is sensitive to batteries though. Use name brand batteries or else it will flash the Low Battery symbol fairly fast. I switched mine out and put in some no-name battery. Three months later, it showed Low Battery. I put in Duracell now and we'll see how long it lasts. I believe the original battery was Panasonic.

Wisdom 2 is a great rec dive computer. Easy to use, easy to read. What else does one need for a rec computer?

It is sensitive to batteries though. Use name brand batteries or else it will flash the Low Battery symbol fairly fast. I switched mine out and put in some no-name battery. Three months later, it showed Low Battery. I put in Duracell now and we'll see how long it lasts. I believe the original battery was Panasonic.
How long did the orginal battery last?

Great computer! Buy it!

I had a Suunto Cobra and when my wife got certified, we bought her a Wisdom. Ended up selling my Cobra and getting another Wisdom for me.

Great computer! Buy it!

I had a Suunto Cobra and when my wife got certified, we bought her a Wisdom. Ended up selling my Cobra and getting another Wisdom for me.

Can I ask why? The Wisdom has just 2 buttons? Is it not hard to work the menus?

Adam

Can I ask why? The Wisdom has just 2 buttons? Is it not hard to work the menus?

Adam

Not really hard at all. But for me, pretty much the only time I need to work the menus is maybe at the end of the day if I decide to log my dives. Other than that there's no reason for me to press any of the buttons.

I liked the Cobra just fine but the display of the Wisdom is a little larger. While I can still read a book without glasses, I must admit my eyesight isn't what it use to be.

Love mine....got 4 years and 130+ dives on it....easy to read and understand. Do agree with quality batteries tho' .... good battery last year plus...cheep batteries 4 months... 1/2 price batteries but last 1/4 time....do the math and stick with quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom