Who do you have to know to get larger tanks in Key West?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSPDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Simply trying to find larger tanks to enjoy the Vandenberg. Not looking to do anything tech. Just looking for 100's or 108's to do 30% nitrox. When I ask people are like I am asking for a black market russian rebreather? Any ideas?

Purely spit-ballin' here... but I would suspect that you would have better luck contacting a small dive operation over the cattle boats who just dump tourists off the boat with 80's in 40 feet of water so they can go 'ooooohhh' and 'ahhhhh.'

A small dive op that specializes in diving the Vandy may be your best best.

Simply trying to find larger tanks to enjoy the Vandenberg. Not looking to do anything tech. Just looking for 100's or 108's to do 30% nitrox. When I ask people are like I am asking for a black market russian rebreather? Any ideas?

Lost reef adventures! Also did you think of divekeywest?

HEY there is a Black Market Russian Rebreather?? Who do I call to get one?? -- Can I also get one of those NVG scopes?? ---

Mike @ Keys Scuba Shack has a few for the Vandy trips. call well ahead and resevre cause he only has a limitted #.
If you stay on the decks of the Vandy, its an 85 fsw dive and an Al80 may do for those skilled in breath control.I saw there are a good # of mooring ball lines when I scootered around the weck in Jan, meaning there are plenty of lines to come up safely if you are low on air and not near your original mooring ball line.

you will enjoy the Vandy. Its " Growing" daily.

Attachments

• 74060034.jpg
    74060034.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 37
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom