Convert Cobra 3 to QD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sendero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is is possible to convert a Cobra 3 to a Quick-Disconnect version? I got one off craigslist and didn't verify that it was QD before purchasing.

LP has the Suunto QD for $90.

There's a guy on Ebay selling them for about $60 give or take. Do a search for Suunto Quick Disconnect

Yes, I added the QD to mine after purchase. It's not a big deal to install, most people comfortable with tools can handle it.

There's a guy on Ebay selling them for about $60 give or take. Do a search for Suunto Quick Disconnect

I searched E-Bay with "suunto quick disconnect" and got nothing. Can you give me the item number of one that you've found? $60 seems like a good deal.

There was one there over the weekend, but apparently it sold. I think the guy selling is hpholding and he's had several over the past couple of months on Ebay. Keep a watch and see if one shows up again. They show up on Ebay from other folks from time to time. Leisure Pro has them as well, but they sell for close to $90 with shipping.. Not a deal breaker, but more than I wanted to pay.

Mark

I have a Cobra 1 with QD, if I buy a Cobra 3, can I use the same QD hose for it?

Yes, you can use the same qd on the cobra 3 as on the cobra... I did it and it works fine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom