Surface mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sujo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, bought the Genesis ReAct Pro (white I think) and have finally received the proper download link cable. I am still having tons of problems with the downloading but that will be a seperate question. Now my computer will not go in to surface mode. It is stuck on either set 1 or set 2 and will not convert back to surface mode. I can access areas on both sets but that is all. As I have not downloaded my dive profiles yet, I do not want to remove the batteries to reset it. Any ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:
sujo,

there is a 10 second battery swap, which essentially allows you to change the battery without losing your history or log. I would reccomend you take the battery out for just a couple seconds and replace it. You won't lose anything and hopefully you can get the computer out of the mode you are in.

If that doesnt work, let me know.

Genesis

I had the same thing happen to my React Pro when I tried to download it. I did remove the battery and that cleared everything up...and I didn't lose any data.

Good Luck

React Pros do not lose their data with a battery change. They must be cleared by a code that isn't public. As far as downloading, make sure that any other programs running on your computer are shutdown and also make sure that there are no other sources of EMI nearby such as cellphones, ipods, etc. EMI can be a big problem.

Also, are you sure that you have the correct cable? They are different.

React Pros do not lose their data with a battery change. They must be cleared by a code that isn't public. As far as downloading, make sure that any other programs running on your computer are shutdown and also make sure that there are no other sources of EMI nearby such as cellphones, ipods, etc. EMI can be a big problem.

Also, are you sure that you have the correct cable? They are different.
jchance, I had to wait for several months for Genesis to come out with the new cable. I originally had the older cable but I do have the proper one (GDK400)
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom