Hollis VS Jet Fins...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am used to heavy fins that generate strong propulsion. I have been using Jets XL for the last four years and I can not imagine myself using any other fin ..... except maybe the new Hollis??? :D

Is there anyone who has used both? If anyone could give the comparison of Jets vs Hollis in terms of over all feel of the fin and which generates a stronger thrust ... that could determine my next purchase.

Thanks in advance...

I have Scubapro Jetfin XL for my wetsuit. When switching to drysuit, the XL Jetfin was too small, and the XXL Jetfin was too large. Unable to wait until the new XXL Jetfin will appear (which is said to be smaller), I went for a Hollis F1 XXL (those are the ones I guess you are talking about).

I have felt no diference in water - except that maybe the are slightly less negative (but considering that I have switched both the fins and the suit at the same time, I might be wrong about this).

Overall, I have liked them. The surface doesn't seem to be as scratch resistant as the Jetfin one, but if that's the only problem, then I will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom