Want to buy- USB cable for Oceanic Veo 180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Token

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've got a Veo 180 computer...I'm no expert but it seems like a good basic unit.

I'd like to acquire the USB cable to download my dive data from it, but...

New, they cost $90US, which I can handle...but shipping costs from any US vendor to Canada :canada: run over US$30...which seems stupidly expensive and unreasonable. :shocked2:

Therefore...does anybody have a used one to sell?

[sigh] Given the inevitable costs of diving and dive equipment, I suppose it's really dumb to cavil about a $30+ shipping charge...but jeez, I'm tired of being held up for outrageous charges simply because a US vendor is doing me the enormous favour of shipping over the 49th parallel. :soapbox:

I hate to be discouraging, but if I were you, I would save my money. The plug design is very poor and it is extremely frustrating trying to make a connection on the dive computer side.

I have been able to download dive data, but the process is very frustrating, often taking 15+ minutes. I have given up and just copy the data to my paper log book.

The last time I tried a download, I bent some of the pins on the plug trying to hold it firmly in position to maintain the contact. I have not bothered trying to straighten them.

When you do get it to work, the data it stores is very interesting to review. If you spend the money, I hope you have better luck than I did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom