Which insulation in the AUG 200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guy Alcala

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm considering a Hollis AUG 200 for technical drysuit diving, but I'm finding conflicting specs. According to the following post from June 2008, and my 2009 Hollis catalog, the AUG 200 has a layer of Thinsulate (200g) over a layer of fleece (100g).

[Quote:]
Originally Posted by mangrovejack
Hi,

Could you please tell me what the temp ratings would be for each of these undergarments? I know it depends on the person etc, but just a rough idea?

Also could you please tell me how the sizes correspond to height, chest, waist measurements etc?

Thanks. [/Quote]

Please visit our website for detailed sizing info. Here is the link for the drysuit section:
Hollis Gear: Drysuits

The AUG100 undergarment is ideal for mild to moderate temperatures (60's - 30's) and the AUG200 200 is a Thinsulate undergarment designed for keeping divers warm in the coldest of waters (50's - Freezing).

Thanks,

But, according to the product info on your website, and the same info at various dealers (presumably just copied) the AUG 200 has a

"200 gram technical fleece inner lining for warmth
Nylon shell allows for easy glide drysuit entry and acts as a windbreaker".

So which is correct? Is it all fleece, or fleece and Thinsulate? For deco hangs with the possibility of suit floods, I need some insulation in the suit other than fleece.

Also, the 2009 catalog lists this suit as available in size M, ML or L but your online catalog only shows M or L. A ML would be the size that would fit me best: 6', 175-180 lb.

Thanks,

Guy

But, according to the product info on your website, and the same info at various dealers (presumably just copied) the AUG 200 has a

"200 gram technical fleece inner lining for warmth
Nylon shell allows for easy glide drysuit entry and acts as a windbreaker".

So which is correct? Is it all fleece, or fleece and Thinsulate? For deco hangs with the possibility of suit floods, I need some insulation in the suit other than fleece.

Also, the 2009 catalog lists this suit as available in size M, ML or L but your online catalog only shows M or L. A ML would be the size that would fit me best: 6', 175-180 lb.

Thanks,

Guy

Hi Guy,

Our AUG200 is a Thinsulate based suit with an additional 200 gm of technical fleece. There must have been a typo, website has since been corrected.

LG would be a good fit based on the measurements you provided.

Thank you,
Nick

Hi Guy,

Our AUG200 is a Thinsulate based suit with an additional 200 gm of technical fleece. There must have been a typo, website has since been corrected.

LG would be a good fit based on the measurements you provided.

Thank you,
Nick

Thanks for the reply, Nick. Unfortunately, while a LG would probably fit my arms and legs, they tend to be a bit tentlike in the body. As I said, I'm 6'/175-180 lb., but I wear a size M shirt with a 34" inseam and a 33" waist (32" when I'm in really good shape). In short, I'm slim and all legs. I usually fit a M Tall, ML, or ML Tall wet suit or drysuit undergarment, depending on the manufacturer. That's why I was hoping that you did indeed make the AUG200 in a ML, as listed in the catalog.

BTW, I'd like to try one on (an M and an LG, if that's all that's available), but don't know of any dealers in the Bay Area that stock them. But I'm in Hayward, so if there aren't any local dealers who carry them, I was wondering if it would be possible to come by the Headquarters?

Thanks,

Guy

Hi Guy,

Yes please call us at 510-729-5110. I can point you in the direction of a local dealer and/or have one for you to try on.

Thanks,
Nick

Thanks for the reply, Nick. Unfortunately, while a LG would probably fit my arms and legs, they tend to be a bit tentlike in the body. As I said, I'm 6'/175-180 lb., but I wear a size M shirt with a 34" inseam and a 33" waist (32" when I'm in really good shape). In short, I'm slim and all legs. I usually fit a M Tall, ML, or ML Tall wet suit or drysuit undergarment, depending on the manufacturer. That's why I was hoping that you did indeed make the AUG200 in a ML, as listed in the catalog.

BTW, I'd like to try one on (an M and an LG, if that's all that's available), but don't know of any dealers in the Bay Area that stock them. But I'm in Hayward, so if there aren't any local dealers who carry them, I was wondering if it would be possible to come by the Headquarters?

Thanks,

Guy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom