Quick snip-et of personal news

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My daughter has completed the first 2 dives towards her OW certification. The rest will be finished tomorrow!! She chalked up 1 hour and 18 minutes of bottom time today. She told me she just a little trouble with bouyancy control "but thats just 'cause I had a little too much air in my BC" Duh :loopy: God ya just gotta love their honesty!

Happy 'ol fatboy

Hey JBD,

I know the feeling, and its good!!! My son is certified (12) and he and I will going to Boyton Beach on the Loggerhead, if any care to come along (1:00pm).

However, my daughter (17 going on 21) has been to all of her classes and has yet to do her dives!!! Grrrrrr... She has got the "Do Little" attitude of a diver down pat... too pat!

:tease:

I know all about those teen somethings going on 21!! Been through 3 of them so far and have one just starting. All I can say is from their 14th birthday until they turn 21 or 22 you are the stupidest person on the face of the earth. But then suddenly when they 21 or 22 you are magically a well educated and wise person. You might hear something like "gee Dad, you've learned alot in the past few years".

At least I get to enjoy my 11 y/o diver for a few more years before I get to be dumb as a brick again :wink:

I did suggest to my daughter (about age twelve, then) that she should accumulate every dictionary, Encyclopedia, and any other tome that dealt with knowledge. After she had acquired a nice pile, I instructed her to go ahead and throw them out. With a perplexed look on her face, she earnestly asked me "Why?".

"It's obvious, dear" I glibly replied. "Since you know everything already, we just won't be needing these anymore, will we?" Now when she gets that "I know better than Dad" attitude, I just threaten to discard all of the knowledge in the house. She gets the point.

If memory serves though, I had to put them all back, and she complained bitterly to her mother about the abject lesson. Having lived with me her entire life however... she shoulda known! :tease:

Err, don't have and kids myself, but I do have a 16 year old little sister thats a hand full. So I know exactly what the 16 going on 21 thing is all about. :rolleyes:

it's funny as a swim coach I had no trouble wit HS kids and had no clue as to what the parents were talking about ... now as a parent of teenagers, I have a better knowledge ... I am chopped liver and know nothing ... funny though, their friends think I'm cool because I dive and teach diving ... thier friends have dove with me more than my kids have :)

good luck with your daughter ... hope you enjoy diving with her ... get someone to takle a picture of the two of you soon ... mine of the three of us is my desktop

Jeesh guy,

I have thre kids (10, 7, 3) and they are perfect. They never talk back, keep the rooms clean, always behave, treat me with the utmost respect, homework and chores are always done on time

Oooh, I'm sorry....this was supposed to go in the "Tall Tales & BS" section

* The 10 year old is begging for OW lessons for Christmas

Thanks guys,

You give me allot to look forward to. I am the proud papa of a 4 mo. old girl. It is the best feeling in the world to come home from a bad day at work and have her light up with this huge grin when she hears my voice. am trying to soak up as much of this as I can before we make it to the "teens".

Ontario Diver,
You made me laugh out loud on that one.
Both my boys, 13 and 17 got certified this summer. We'll be diving together for the first time in 26 more days.
Grand Cayman and Cozumel are the spots. I'm really looking forward to getting underwater with them.
Believe it or not they are a bit concerned about the ocean, since they have done all 5 of their dives in the quarry. But they tell me, "If you can do it mom, anyone can."
JBD tell her congrats! And if she's looking for a nice boy ..I have a 17 year old without a girlfriend at the moment, college bound, and he's 6'2".
:sunny:

Hey CMAY! Congrats. You got soooooo much to look forward to. (Enjoy her now, limited movement & limited vocab) My "baby girl" is three now and every day is an adventure.

Natasha; If your boys are concerned, I'll fill in! <G> I hope you have a great time. Please let me know how it went. I'm toying with taking my 10 year old down there for his cert dives. (So we don't start a "when should kids dive thread" - He'll be 11. He's 5'2" and 120lbs and ranks in the Superiour catagory on the IQ exam and we've decided together to limit his dives to 30')

Back
Top Bottom