Suunto D9 or Suunto HelO2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

The reason for my question is because I have just won a competition and I have a choice of:
Suunto D9 or
Suunto HelO2 inc transmitter

These computers have way more technology in them than I would ever need, and I can't justify diving with such an expense item that I may very easily lose or smash against a rock

I'm happy with the computers that I have, and
I don't have anyone special in my life to give the prize to

Which one should I take ... in terms of resale? :idk:

Is it really that the D9 is more expensive so I should claim the D9, or is it that the HelO2 is more in demand, so I'm more likely to get a buyer for that in the next couple of months

I will then put the money toward something that I really need

Thanks

Venus

HELO2 for the more serious diver (Trimix)!!!!!
Make no mistake, the D9 is a great DC and very pretty. Can be used as dress watch, however the Helo2 supports trimix as mentioned, have a larger display and full integration in Dive Manager and Planner. Can easily upload dive plan to Helo2 with all the dive parameters.

The HelO2 is a pretty specialized computer whereas the D9 is more general. In terms of resale I would take the D9 cause it will sell faster than the HelO2. Both will have a same resale value, 800-1000 USD. Although I would probably try to convince the donor to perhaps give you a Suunto computer that you want plus may be something else to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom