broad nose mask??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Getting a friend into diving and having trouble finding a mask that will fit. He is African American and had a flat broad nose. All mask we have tried just ride on top of his nose and don't allow for good clearing or equalizing. Anyone got suggestions??

I would have him try a few of the Aqualung masks, such as the Atlantis II or the Wraparound:

Atlantis II

Wraparound

Some of the older style masks, the oval ones, could also be a way to go:

Buy $69.99 Voit UDT Fins Duck Feet Vintage Scuba Diving Masks

The big thing would be to try them out and do a fit on them. I have an older USD mask that would work too. PM me if that's something you would like to pursue.

SeaRat

I had similiar situation. I had to try on several Masks before I found one that Fit.
I use the Mares X vision Mask
And the Oceanic Data Mask. One thing to remember is to make sure the Straps are not too tight that they are just little snug. If the mask is not sitting right it wil cause discomfort. If it all fails go with a Full Face Mask. Scubapro offers an inexpensive version

Deep Sea OMNI has a large nose pocket and you can get it in several lens configurations.

Getting a friend into diving and having trouble finding a mask that will fit. He is African American and had a flat broad nose. All mask we have tried just ride on top of his nose and don't allow for good clearing or equalizing. Anyone got suggestions??

What a timely thread. I had a guy in the pool the other day with this exact issue. He was Portuguese but clearly with African roots and his nose fit in the Mares Liquid skin. It filled the entire nose pocket but it fit.

R..

Hi everyone,

I have a student now in this situation... I recognize that this is an old thread... I'm wondering if anyone has new ideas about fitting masks for a broader nose?

(I'm frustrated by the fact that she was initially sold a low profile mask that clearly doesn't come close to fitting!)

Thanks for any new hints!

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom