Finally, a great dive snorkel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I use a snorkel at times during a surface swim or when just hanging out on the surface and I finally found a great one...the Tusa Platina Hyperdry II. I snorkeled before I started diving (and still snorkel occasionally) and have gone through several snorkels ranging from the no-frills j-shaped, to expensive "fully dry" snorkels...all of which had some problem or another. The Hyperdry II is the first one that I have been completely happy with. Contrary to the Hyperdry's name, it's a semi-dry snorkel. It is low profile, aquadynamically designed, lightweight, has a clip for easy removal from mask (and it folds up), it clears easily, looks cool, breathes well, has a comfortable mouthpiece, and for once the plastic piece on the end of the bore is more than just a splash guard...I would say it reduces flooding by over 50% compared to a typical snorkel. If anyone is looking for a good dive snorkel (or just a good snorkel period) I highly recommend this one.

I had one of those for years and they are nice for snorkeling, though I still prefer my rollup snorkel to carry on dives. I used to fold the hyperdry and stuff it in a pocket, but between aging and too much folding it split where it got folded. (So I swiped my husbands hyperdry for snorkeling. :)

I own 4 of them.
I love them.
I like to wear them in caverns especially....it drives some people nuts.
Chug
Likes snorkels.

I have one with a name of genesis surf

I have one with a name of genesis surf
FS5500.jpg

It's not the same model as the Hyperdry II, though:
SP_170.jpg

I've seen that same snorkel labeled differently offered by at least 5 different resalers.

I have two of them. The TUSA and the Scuba Pro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom