Looking for advice...diving charters in Palm Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwalko

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all:

I am going to be in the Palm Beach area next week and just booked a dive charter.

We booked with Narcosis Dive Charters and I'm looking for feedback...hoping I made the right decision (I kind of had to make a decision rather quickly).

I've dove with Abernathy before and they were great...but the day I am in town, they are only doing a 3 tank dive and I'll be diving with my daughter. I thought the day would be too deep/long for her (she is 15).

Narcosis said they only have a small group going that day and will take us where we want to go (he mentioned Breakers).

So...any thoughts or experiences with them (or would you make other recommendations?)

Thanks;

John

Narcosis has been good to me--my only other experience there was with Pura Vida and I am very happy with them. You should be GTG. I know there's a ton of others but I haven't had the chance to use them.

Sounds like you've got it covered but since you've asked, I would have recommended Underwater Explorers, most attentive op around and the owner/operator Kevin Metz not only knows the reefs like no other, he'll happily guide your dives for no additional cost. Underwater Explorers - SCUBA Diving Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach, Reefs and Wrecks

:thumb: I agree, Narcosis is fine and I really suggest Boynton as the reefs are as close to those in the Bahamas as you will find....

2nd the recommendation for UW Explorers - however, if you want to dive West Palm, also recommend "The Wetter the Better"

Also - - Breakers is OK, but its not the best site in the area - you don't list your experience, but if you are past the beginner stage, Jupiter offers some of the best diving in the USA - Jupiter Dive Center highly recommended, they have their own boats, and (weather permitting) dive every day.

If you're fairly new, another place to try is Scuba Club of the Palm Beaches, in the West palm area - professional, caters to new divers.

Ooops - just reread your post - if your daughter is new - bag Jupiter - but keep it in mind for the future when she gets more experience.

We had a group go this past weekend with Little Deeper Charters. One of our group was a 14 yr. old, on his 1st ocean dive. We let the captain know this before we booked and he kept our dives around 50'. Beautiful reefs. Saw turtles, nurse sharks, huge sting ray with 3 large (4') cobia. Thousands of fish. On the 1st dive the 14 yr old had BCD problems and his tank came loose. One of the Dive Masters from the boat was guiding the group and was there to assist. The 14 yr old did not panic and the Dive Master got him hooked back up and he completed the dive. The boat Captain radioed another boat and was able to secure another BCD for him and had it for the 2nd dive. Which was just as beautiful as the 1st just less dramatic. The reefs were Ron's Rock and 4th window. The Captain and Crew were great and very accommodating.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I should have asked before starting to call around, but the trip was arranged last minute. Normally I dive w/ my brother off his boat up near Stuart, but that wasn't going to work out this time. So, we decided to book a charter.

I've dove with a couple of ops before in the Palm Beach/Lauderdale area...including a couple w/ my daughter. I remember Abernathy...I don't remember the name of the other op. Both were great.

We'lll try Narcosis this time and I'll post about the dives later this week. If I was staying in the area longer, I'd probably try one of the others this trip...but I'm meeting family across the state on Tuesday. Next trip (maybe this summer) we'll try the other ops.

Thanks again.

John

I my opinion Narcosis is the best charter for the West Palm Beach and Riviera Beach area. They have a huge stable 48' Pro Dive boat and they treat you well. My favorite charters for the area that you are choosing are

Underwater Explorers-- Boynton Beach----exit 57, I-95

Narcosis-------------- West Palm Beach--exit 76, I-95

Jupiter Dive Center---- Jupiter------------exit 87, I-95

You can't go wrong with any of them and you'll find lots of people agreeing with me about these 3 on this board. I dive with all of them regularly.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom