Carp Killing !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toastman

Contributor
Reaction score
Any freshwater spearos here who like to take carp out of the lakes?

I did some winter diving in a wetsuit and got a bunch out of there.

Hopefully, there will be more walleye for me to spear this summer with less carp in the water !!

First two are carps, third one is a freshwater drum (tasty !)

Attachments

• 28-02-10_1508.jpg
    28-02-10_1508.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 162
Any freshwater spearos here who like to take carp out of the lakes?

I did some winter diving in a wetsuit and got a bunch out of there.

Hopefully, there will be more walleye for me to spear this summer with less carp in the water !!

First two are carps, third one is a freshwater drum (tasty !)

And I didn't kill those carps for nothing, they make great fertilizer :wink:

Tell me more about FW drum (gaspergoo in TX) being tasty. I have never tried them but an old fishing buddy told me he couldn't even get the cats to eat them. How are you preparing them?

You're much more inspired than I, my friend. I do know a few guys here that spear carp in the summer, but there's no way I would ever dive wet in the winter,,, for carp lol.

Good sized carp, too!! WTG!!!! I've never spearfished for them, however I am a bowfishing addict!!!!!! They can be a ton of fun!!!!

Tell me more about FW drum (gaspergoo in TX) being tasty. I have never tried them but an old fishing buddy told me he couldn't even get the cats to eat them. How are you preparing them?

Let them sit in your fridge marinated for 2 days !

Then bake (do not fry them !)

You're much more inspired than I, my friend. I do know a few guys here that spear carp in the summer, but there's no way I would ever dive wet in the winter,,, for carp lol.

I don't go for carp, but there was a huge school of them. I was looking for walleye but they are hard to find in the winter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom