New S38 wing vs version 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm about to order a Elite 2 harness , S38 wing and backplate online. As far as I can see , I dont need other bits and pieces to assamble a full BC ?

Anyone knows how I can tell the difference between the new S38 wing and the old version ?. I suspect some shops are selling the old version.

Also, I'm in doubt about what harness size to order. My size seem to be a mix between L and XL. What are really the difference between the Elite 2 sizes. Is it only the length of the webbings ? If thats the case I will just order the XL and shorten off webbings as neccesary.

a last questions, how about crotch strap. Is that included with the harness or can it buyed attached separately

Any advices are very much appreciated

I'm about to order a Elite 2 harness , S38 wing and backplate online. As far as I can see , I dont need other bits and pieces to assamble a full BC ?

Anyone knows how I can tell the difference between the new S38 wing and the old version ?. I suspect some shops are selling the old version.

Also, I'm in doubt about what harness size to order. My size seem to be a mix between L and XL. What are really the difference between the Elite 2 sizes. Is it only the length of the webbings ? If thats the case I will just order the XL and shorten off webbings as neccesary.

a last questions, how about crotch strap. Is that included with the harness or can it buyed attached separately

Any advices are very much appreciated

Thanks for the questions.

You will also need to pick up two cam bands to complete your kit. These come separately from the harness & backplate.

Biggest difference between ver. 1 and 2 on the single wings is the ability to ditch the single tank adapter. Cam slots and tank cradle in the middle of the wing mean you have version 2.

What is your height/weight? Being between the LG and XL, I suggest moving up a size and cutting the webbing down as the only major difference is shoulder pad length. Although it would be better to first get your measurements.

Crotch Strap is included with the harness kit.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,
thanks for your reply.
My Weight/Hight is 210 / 6'2.8

Thanks Nick, I'll go for the XL and adjust weebings if neccesary

Back
Top Bottom