Fine cracks in computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have an older Beuchat computer (rebranded cochran captian) that has developed fine cracks around the contact of the face. I wanted to seal them but I am unsure of what to use. I thought of epoxy but was afraid of it eating the plastic. I also thought of silicon fish tank sealent but was afraid it would not hold under pressure. Now I am thinking of Aqua-Seal. Anybody run into this problem before? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I just had similar problem, water ingressed through battery compartment crack in the body by the battery..battery was ruinned and after a deep cavity cleaning, replaced the battery and no data was lost, at least the computer is not damaged. One option couldbe to ship it to the manufacturer, or look for a specilist in plastic welding. still thinking about....

I am interested in what you did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom