Galileo Luna vs Uemis Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrussell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am currrently stuck on whihc computer to purcahse; either the Galileo Luna or Uemis. Any suggestions? I like the brightness of the Uemis but wonder if the organization of the information is better onthe Luna. Any help making this decison would be welcome.
Thanks

I think that in the end, there will only be a few features that really differentiate between the two. Personally, I really like the OLED display on the Uemis, but I mainly dive in dark and murky waters. During nightdives the display really shines.

I can't comment on the information part, as I'm not familiar enough with the Luna.

I am currrently stuck on whihc computer to purcahse; either the Galileo Luna or Uemis. Any suggestions? I like the brightness of the Uemis but wonder if the organization of the information is better onthe Luna. Any help making this decison would be welcome.
Thanks

Hi, Take or get the LUNA:D Great computer, you will not be disap:idk:pointed. Where are you purchasing it from?

Thanks

Hi, Take or get the LUNA:D Great computer, you will not be disappointed. Where are you purchasing it from?:idk:

LUNA!!!!! I own one and love it. Super easy to use, and all the info you ever need.

I'm glad you like your Lunas, but could you expand on your motivation?

The Uemis has some nice features like the solar charged battery as well as the Buddy mode underwater. The internet platform on both MyUemis as well as Uemis.org is also different. The people who developed the Uemis computer developed the first electronic bottom timer in 1981, the first NDL Dive Computer in 1987, the first decompression computer in 88 and up to 94 they also developed the first wireless connection to a HP transmitter, the first algorithm calculating with micro bublles, tissue cooling, work load as well as work of breathing, the first PC interface, RGT time in combination with total ascent time. In 95 they developed the first wireless integrated Nitrox computer and in 99 the first wireless O2 sensor integrated in a transmitter to calculate deco in real time.
In 03 they developed the wireless multi-channel reveiver DMR01, which is used in more than 100000times in todays computer and in 03 they developed the first dive computer capable to communicate wireless with up to 3 different transmitters.
While I was at Beneath the Sea working their Booth interested people commented several times that they are a new company and that they just "copy" other people ideas. This is not the case and I just listed some of the accomplishements of the people behind uemis to show that they actually do know very well what they are doing.
Have a look at those two clips.

Uemis ZURICH dive!!! on Vimeo
YouTube - uemis Zurich

If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks

Michael

For certain there is a lot to like regarding the Uemis, not the least of whihc is its bright display. I am trying to see apicture or pictures of what the display looks like during the dive, ie what inforamtion is dispalyed and its orientation on the screen. The Luna seems to have all the infomation orgainized in a very structured and easy to understand way. This is the crux of my question; which computer is easier to read/understand the pertinent information on the main display during a dive without having to "fiddle" with scrolling through the menus.
Thanks

For certain there is a lot to like regarding the Uemis, not the least of whihc is its bright display. I am trying to see apicture or pictures of what the display looks like during the dive, ie what inforamtion is dispalyed and its orientation on the screen. The Luna seems to have all the infomation orgainized in a very structured and easy to understand way. This is the crux of my question; which computer is easier to read/understand the pertinent information on the main display during a dive without having to "fiddle" with scrolling through the menus.
Thanks

I cannot speak with great familarity with the Uemis but the Sol or Luna is incrediably easy to navigate, has a much better electronic compass and much larger fonts. The Luna/Sol has four different display options to match each diver's needs. The Sol can track the Gas PSI of three other divers by the way and a battery which willlast year's without fiddling with constantly recharging...There is a brand new Sol listed on this board for $850.00 being pursued at this very moment...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...ches-analyzers/329341-uwatec-galileo-sol.html

Back
Top Bottom