Multi-purpose computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jloren9

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone know of any wrist mounted computers that have both freediving and SCUBA capabilities, with or without hoseless air integration?

Thanks

I have experience with the Manta (same as the Geo), and the D4. All these do very well as freediving computers, and none have Air Integrated.

Manta: I went through 4 of them, all had pressure sensor and/or battery failures. After 4 units I gave up on the type. (Note: thee factory support was great! I felt the model had a tendency for a bit too much support, though.)

D4: Superb as a freediving computer! Air/Nitrox scuba computer, does okay, but way over the top conservatism - I was on several dives last month where it told me I was in deco, while my other computer told me I had 45 minutes of NDL left.

All the best, James

Thanks for the recommendations.

Is the Aeris Epic known to be more conservative or liberal?

Liberal.

All the best, James

Liberal on your first dive, but they get more conservative on repetitive dives.

I have experience with the Manta (same as the Geo), and the D4. All these do very well as freediving computers, and none have Air Integrated.

Manta: I went through 4 of them, all had pressure sensor and/or battery failures. After 4 units I gave up on the type. (Note: thee factory support was great! I felt the model had a tendency for a bit too much support, though.)

D4: Superb as a freediving computer! Air/Nitrox scuba computer, does okay, but way over the top conservatism - I was on several dives last month where it told me I was in deco, while my other computer told me I had 45 minutes of NDL left.

All the best, James

Was that the 2009 Manta or the older one?

Thanks

Late 2008 through July 2009.

I really, really liked it - it just had too many issues, and I lost confidence in the design. I have heard similar stories from the Geo (the Oceanic version of the Manta). You can't imagine the frustration from replacing the battery, only to have it dead in a week!

All the best, James

Back
Top Bottom