YAHOOOO!!!!! Another snip-et

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I went on the last 2 dives with my daughter. She did well. Nailed the underwater compass dead on. However we have established a new scuba rule for her--You've got to slow down to dive with dear ol' Dad. There were four kids in this group and they all moved through the water at what seemed to be Mach 7 speed! Sure was a fun day. There were 2 of us scuba dads there we had a blast.

Duaghter now has 2 hours and 27 minutes UW!!

There's something about having that compass in their hand that gives 'em afterburners, so that probably didn't help.

Congrats on being scuba-dad of a scuba-kid.

Julie

Tell her congrats from me.

Looks like we might be up at Falling Rock next sat. You should bring her and let her practice some. (maybe she can teach me to use that compass)

Chad

Just buy some PVC and some clear plastic sheets, McGyver them up to her rig and poof she's got enough drag to slow her down enough to be able to make fun of her! :D If that fails just bring along a 10ft piece of string with a clip on one end and a loop on the other, clip it off to her tank valve sercretly and enjoy your new DPV (Daughter Propulsion Vehicle) hehe :D

I like your line of thinking :mario: I did the DPV in my AOW class. Following these kids was just like using one of those things except I had to fin to keep up with them. I may try that daughter propulsion vehicle thing on her.

ckharlan--Falling Rock won't let her in unless she's with an instructor :( I'm going to take her to our local lake and get her gear and weighting taken care of. Then we'll do a little compass work and I'll try to get her to slow down some. After that I'll take her to Laurel lake near London. Wish I could go Saturday, but I have marching band duties every Sat through Oct 20th.

Back
Top Bottom