Can someone explain to me what the h*ll this is about??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Please take a look at this advertisement for PADI Tec Rec instructors:

http://www.padi.com/english/common/courses/tec/tecdeepdiverinstructor.asp

Why are there pictures of instructor students kneeling in the sand???????

What the heck is going on here? These are supposed to be ADVANCED (and I'm not talking AOW) divers wanting to teach technical diving. Aren't they the ones who have the skills to stay off of the bottom? Or does this infer that you must kneel to do technical diving? Or worse yet, that you need no bouyancy or trim skills at all to teach tech?

This is coming straight from the top- PADI Headquarters. Scary.

Perhaps everyone hasn't yet reached your level of enlightenment, skill and experience.

one potato - two potato - three potato - Or

To see who is the instructor!

Tec Instructor right?
Detroit Diver, while you were focused on the underwhelming pics of the "instructor wannabe's" I found these comments interesting:

"For those serious about becoming a technical instructor ..."
and

"Requirements:
Have a minimum of 100 logged dives with at least 20 enriched air nitrox dives, at least 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and at least 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet"

We are to believe that these "instructors" will have a solid foundation upon completion? They are then going to be responsible for teaching others Tec???
Ummm...no thanks...

Does this belong in the "Humor Section?"
ROTFLMAO

Don

You need a whopping 100 logged dives to be eligible to teach technical diving for PADI. I'm speechless. :rolleyes:

Soundl like mins for AOW...

Diversauras once bubbled...
Perhaps everyone hasn't yet reached your level of enlightenment, skill and experience.

You don't know my skill level or experience. This is BASIC scuba training we're talking about here.

This has nothing to do with enlightenment. These are going to be technical instructors. What does this say to those wishing to take classes from these folks?

You're right. The picture blew me away. I never even saw the requirements! Holy smokes!

It should go into the humor section if it weren't so sad.

dcostanza once bubbled...
Tec Instructor right?
Detroit Diver, while you were focused on the underwhelming pics of the "instructor wannabe's" I found these comments interesting:

"For those serious about becoming a technical instructor ..."
and

"Requirements:
Have a minimum of 100 logged dives with at least 20 enriched air nitrox dives, at least 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and at least 15 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet"

We are to believe that these "instructors" will have a solid foundation upon completion? They are then going to be responsible for teaching others Tec???
Ummm...no thanks...

Does this belong in the "Humor Section?"
ROTFLMAO

Don

Detroit Diver,
"You're right. The picture blew me away. I never even saw the requirements! Holy smokes!"

That's what a good wingman is for...:D

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom