What are the best fins to use with Hollis FX100 Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zcrazydivegirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just ordered a Hollis BioDry FX100 Drysuit. I am not a tech diver, but I am a rescue diver and have good strength in my legs. My research has brought me to an option for Scubapro Jetfins or Hollis F1 fins. Any suggestions or experience from anyone? Thanks so much for your help!!:blinking:

I just ordered a Hollis BioDry FX100 Drysuit. I am not a tech diver, but I am a rescue diver and have good strength in my legs. My research has brought me to an option for Scubapro Jetfins or Hollis F1 fins. Any suggestions or experience from anyone? Thanks so much for your help!!:blinking:

I think most divers would say that, whichever fin fits, wear it. Sizing for a drysuit involves a lot of factors, mostly relating to what you will be putting into the fin (foot size, socks, drysuit, and footwear). Your best bet is to try them on once you have the suit, footwear, etc. and see which ones you like the most.

That being said, for a drysuit I think Jets may be a bit more applicable as the extra negative bouyancy would offset the tendency for the suit to go feet-light from trapping gas in the legs. Both my F1s and Slipstreams, which are fairly neutral, don't have much effect.

Either way, both are excellent fins. Jets have been around for a long time and are popular for a reason: they work very well across the multitude of kicks. The F1s are very good performers as well, lots of power in the frog and *gasp* flutter kick but not nearly as heavy in and out of the water as the Jets. Also, they come stock with spring straps (which I am a convert), but the comparatively low price of the Jets, even buying the spring straps seperately, should not negate them from your outlook.

If you are on Oahu we could go diving some time and I would be more than happy to let you try either my F1s or Slipstreams (they are similar to Jets, but not as heavy) if they fit. PM me.

Peace,
Greg

Thanks so much Greg. We are moving in a couple of weeks. :( I will miss Oahu. I appreciate your feedback. I think I am going to get a pair of jetfins when I get to CA. Take care! Cecily

Thanks so much Greg. We are moving in a couple of weeks. :( I will miss Oahu. I appreciate your feedback. I think I am going to get a pair of jetfins when I get to CA. Take care! Cecily

Great choice, get them with spring straps, makes it a lot easier taking them on and off:D

Back
Top Bottom