Bad Forecast?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citabriapilot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Planning a trip this weekend to LBTS...

Forecast a week ago was 2 ft or less, now it's showing this:

Saturday
Northeast winds 13 to 18 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed areas.

Is that pretty much a no go?

dove ft lauderdale in 5-6ft last year. the quick ride to the dive site was a bit rough and the viz was crappy, but it was a lot better than not diving.

I would be looking for alternative plans.

There's always Blue Heron Bridge.

I'm hopefully going from the beach on Saturday morning myself. The forecast is supposed to turn south over Friday night, which means probably closer to Saturday morning. I think an early morning dive well be pretty doable.

It will have to be a game day decsion. Check the webcams before going.

pretty accurate webcam (for those that don't know), Live Fort Lauderdale Web Cam - Fort Lauderdale CVB

show_netcam.jpg

I was also planning on going to LTBS Saturday morning with a group of 4, I only dove that site once 2 years ago and I freedove it not scuba, it was very choppy 5-6ft seas crappy vis but still a half decent dive. I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions to dive that site since I don't really remember it and this time around I'm on a tank not freediving. Trying to maximize bottom time.

not worth the drive based on the forecast IMHO..although the forecast is wrong half the time... check the webcam early in the morning once it's light and make a decision then---if you can wait that long--if not--I wouldn't risk it.

I forgot to go diving for a while - I totally missed the end of lobster season and the 31st was dead flat calm in the early morning. Although this weekend will be no exception, I will think about all of you diving this weekend.
I shall salute in your general direction with various tropical libations, and hopefully, that damned Goodyear blimp will not come nosing around while I am doing so.
Anyways...bon chance in whatever you do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom