Rescue Course in Pool - Montreal Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I'm going to do my DMT in South East Asia next winter and was wondering if it was possible to do my rescue course in a pool? As I work on the weekends and don't like cold water diving? Is this possible?

I have seen courses done with a large component in a large lap pool. I'd recommend calling around. But at the end of the day there are components that can only be practised in a real setting.

What Jack Scuba said. If you wouldn't dive in cold water, why not do the theoretical part here in Montreal and the dives in Asia?

Or why not wait a bit and do it in a lake, quarry or in the St. Lawrence? The water gets quite warm in the summer and your instructor will most likely be able to accomodate you to a suitable site..

Come on down for a 3-day weekend this summer, stay in our complimentary dorm housing, knock out the pool and classroom work here, then spend one Sunday morning at Dutch Springs completing the open water component, which is essentially two 5 minute dives. Temp's are in the high 60's by July at the depths we need, the weather is great, the food is good, and you'll have a blast with our crew.

We're a five hour ride south from you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom