Looking for reviews of the Hollis H-160 DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey all,
Looking for some reviews (the good, bad & ugly) of the Hollis H-160 DPV. There doesn't seem to be a lot out there as I have searched recently. Anyone know where I might find some reviews? Just looking to see if I might find some help. Fdog sent me a copy of the Tahoe Benchmark project results & that was some good info, though the Hollis wasn't involved. I am looking for a DPV in that size, price & power range & would prefer new, though used isn't completely ruled out at this point. Even if my first scooter doesn't do all right now that I may do in the future, I am not against upgrading later, if need be. I am currently getting into technical diving & am at Adv. Nitrox/ Deco & Intro to Cave- working on my Full Cave certification. I want a scooter I can grow with, but just don't want more scooter than I can handle at this point. Right now I am only planning to use it in OW in the quarry I dive commonly to become very familiar with it. In the future, after obtaining full cave, I may later look into DPV cave. I'm just trying to do my homework so that I can find the best scooter for me at this point. Thanks.

Hey all,
Looking for some reviews (the good, bad & ugly) of the Hollis H-160 DPV. There doesn't seem to be a lot out there as I have searched recently. Anyone know where I might find some reviews? Just looking to see if I might find some help. Fdog sent me a copy of the Tahoe Benchmark project results & that was some good info, though the Hollis wasn't involved. I am looking for a DPV in that size, price & power range & would prefer new, though used isn't completely ruled out at this point. Even if my first scooter doesn't do all right now that I may do in the future, I am not against upgrading later, if need be. I am currently getting into technical diving & am at Adv. Nitrox/ Deco & Intro to Cave- working on my Full Cave certification. I want a scooter I can grow with, but just don't want more scooter than I can handle at this point. Right now I am only planning to use it in OW in the quarry I dive commonly to become very familiar with it. In the future, after obtaining full cave, I may later look into DPV cave. I'm just trying to do my homework so that I can find the best scooter for me at this point. Thanks.

Hi Tammy,

For a beginner scooter diver or seasoned technical diver, an advantage to the H-160 is that its performance and run time can be adjusted as needed with its 3-speed shift on the fly feature. So as you grow, you have options on how fast or far you would like to go. And although classified as a technical scooter its still reasonably priced.

The unit retails for around $3850 new and its run time at full speed (200ft/min) is close to an hour which almost doubles at cruising speed +/-150ft/min). This is using the included NiMH battery pack which is safe and travel friendly.

For more information on the H160 please visit this link:Hollis Gear: H-160. Or contact us on this forum :D.

Best Regards,

Thank you for the information, Nick. I was also able to find some reviews in the board's archives (guess I didn't look hard enough the first time:D). The reviews I read didn't sound all bad. As with anything, you have your pluses & minuses:rolleyes:. I'm going to reserch a bit more & will hopefully have a decision made very soon:read:. Once again, Thank you.:cool2:

Still can't say, still waiting for it to come in. The LDS owner called Hollis on it about a week & a half ago & they said they were waiting on a part to arrive before shipping. Still waiting,.... Hopefully will come in on time for me to take to the quarry & use on Memorial Day Weekend.

Still can't say, still waiting for it to come in. The LDS owner called Hollis on it about a week & a half ago & they said they were waiting on a part to arrive before shipping. Still waiting,.... Hopefully will come in on time for me to take to the quarry & use on Memorial Day Weekend.

Hi Tammy,

A batch of H160's finished production today and will be shipping by Monday - in time for memorial day weekend :D. Who is your LDS? I will make sure it gets there in time.

Regards,

Hi Tammy,

A batch of H160's finished production today and will be shipping by Monday - in time for memorial day weekend :D. Who is your LDS? I will make sure it gets there in time.

Regards,

Thanks! It's Aquatech in Evansville, IN (Larry Babcock).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom