Oxycheq Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padiscubapro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have just one word WOW!!

I just received several of the production wings 65# size and I must say the build quality exceeds any of the wings out there to date..
Patrick also has some other size wings ready for shipment, with a good portion of his first run wings already sold..

The material is considerably heavier (both covering and internal bladder) over any wing I have ever seen..

It also has 6 gromets so the wing can be adjusted to the divers preference where it sits...

I hear the end of Halycon coming(or at least the way they currently do business), since many of the preorders are from halycon dealers, who are fed up with the high pricing....I have also heard halycon has put pressure on some of their dealers who have links to oxycheq on their websites..

they are going to retail for $325 (for the 65#) with an intro special suggested price of $300...

This is list pricing, so you pricing will vary but it should definately be cheaper than halycon since Patricks highest dealer pricing (lowest volume dealer) is cheaper than halycon's distributors pay for their wings.. Plus its a product made in the US.

$325?? I thought they were supposed to be a lot cheaper than the Halcyons.

Is there any web site wher you can see them?

What about the singles wings????

I saw their wings at SeaSpace in Houston. Personally, I thought the quality of the product appeared to be better than that of any other wings that I've seen, including the one that I own and am quite happy with. Substantially better, in fact. If you take a close look at the workmanship, you just have to be impressed. I do wish, though, that they would make a single tank wing for warm water divers [30 pound lift or so, or less] that had the full "O" shaped bladder that their larger single tank wing has for the cold water folks, which has 40-plus-or so pounds of lift, a bit more than I want for warm water diving here. Their smaller bladder is a U-shape. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, but I prefer the other.

And call me a jingo or a fuddy-duddy if you like, but I genuinely like it that they're made domestically.:doctor:

Is it nice and short? Thats one of the things I liked about the Halcyon wing - it's inflator hose isn't a long monstrosity. Nice, short, easy to dump air through it even when it's bungee'd to your D-Ring.

I'm waiting for DIR Tec Diver to show up here and explain that if we use these wings, we will die.

I saw those last week on the Koplin site and am drooling already. They still don't have them up on the OxyCheq site yet. When is the "public" sell date?

Another curiosity: Did you notice the pull string on the dump valve? The plastic knob is interesting!

I've gotten used to the Halcyon without now..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom