Diff. donning and doffing fins.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I wear OMS Slipstream fin both for wetsuit and dry suit diving, great fin in general.

Issue: I have a BARE neo. dry suit with attached 'moon boots'. I tried the OMS fin size XXL for my size 10 moon boot----just to big ;slip a lot right to left regardless of my sock choice.

SO, I have gone to using my XL OMS Slipstreams with the 'moon boots', but find them a wee-bit hard to don and doff......... the biggest problem is doffing them. They have 2 pre drilled drainage hole in the foot pocket of the fins bottom. The suction seems a lot when trying the remove/doff the fins.

So I drilled two additional holes the same size and in the general same position as the factory holes on the bottom of the fins foot pocket; BUT drilled these on the top of the fins foot pocket.

WILL this help any in breaking the suction and assist in removing the fins a bit easier?????

THANKS

Suction will contribute some so the vents may help. Thy may not effect where the reall custion is, closer to the toe.

My DS has the attached moon boots and I was having a hard time with fin fit. There was some very significant tread that wrapped up the side making for a super wide fin. I took my surform plane and shaved some of that extra meat away making for a nice fit.
Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom