WARNING....Not Diving Related...well sorta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iguana Don

Reaction score
Friends,

And I mean this, since coming to this Board I have made many friendships, some closer than others. I have some very close personal friends that I have never seen. We have shared a mutual passion for our favorite topic, we have shared stories about our childern, we have shared stories about or vacations, about our likes and dislikes. We have had disagreements during discussions and yet we are still here talking civil to one another, is that what not friends do?

I guess what I am trying to say is, no matter where you are or who you are, the people on this board have become my friends and I hope the rest of you look at it the same way I do.

Perhaps this is the best way to make friends. Without the visual handicap of judging someone by their stature in life, we get past that and see the true person by what they have to say and the way they say it. Instead of how they are dressed, what color their skin is, if they are skinny or overweight, or nationality. This way we see the real person.

From the experiences I have had here on this board I have decided there is not a one of you that would not be welcome in my home.

Well that's enough of my rambling for now, just had to express this thought.

ID

Very well said Don. I too echo your thoughts. From the friendships made on the board to the ICQ conversations, phone conversations and e-mail's I too have found many friends on these boards. :)

Don, Mario - your a pair of sweethearts!

Don, you softy.....I'd have to agree with you tho. This does seem to be a great way to get to know people without the intefering factor of physical being!

I to feel like I have made some good friends on this board, and I know they'll always be on the other end of the computer when I have a diving or non-diving problem....there are some great people on this board and this thread helps to show how people appriciate it.

Good thread Don -x-

As a newbie here, it's nice to feel welcome! Everyone has been very kind. I'm soaking up tons of info here. The best kind...experience. I'll be taking my OW in Nov., with much more confidence, thanks to all the good folks here!

Don...did you stay up late drinking? :D Seriously though, I must say ID, that I feel the same way. I find myself looking forward to checking in at the board to see what's going on with you all. Diving, and the friends I've made on the Board, have changed my life. Not in a dramatic way, but it's been changed none the less. Scuba divers are kinda like bikers(except with less tatoos). They are very outgoing and friendly to each other, and they seem to treat newbies as well as the old salts with a high regard...a sort of brother(and sister)hood of divers. Since I've fulfilled my dream of getting certified to dive, I've met alot of nice new people and done new and fun things. Between finding the board, meeting TexasMike and a few of the other swampdivers, TexasMike inviting me to the monthly Scubadillos meetings, Natasha hooking me up with the best vacation of my entire life, and people I've met while diving, I must say that Scuba diving has opened up a new door in my(as well as my wife's) life. Thank you all.....Oh! come here and let me give you all a big bear hug!!... =-x

p.s.
I've learned alot of good info, gained knowledge, and gotten lots of good tips from you all. I look forward to meeting and scubadiving with more of you all someday.

I echo the others (and thank you for your kind words, Zag).

If it wasn't for this board, the Texas Swamp Diving Team wouldn't exist, and we wouldn't have been able to generate the amount of interest in our little group that we are enjoying.

And I wouldn't have made the strong friendships and expanded my opportunities to dive with my good friends.

So, once again, thanks everyone!

Being a realive newbie to this fourm, I'd like to add my agreement to everyone's sentiments. Everyone has made me feel welcome here and I've picke up so may useful tips just from reading all the posts. Hope to meet and dive some of you (or all of you) some day.

~lildiver

New Friends, Good Help, Good Times, Good Stories

It's kinda neat that wherever I may go....Thailand, San Diego, England, Florida, Ottawa, BC, even Antartica and Dallas; I can get on the board and get dive info and even dive buddies. And good dive buddies turn into good friends.

And Tattoos for all! Eh, Zagnut! <G>

Man divers are really heavy thinkers. Not waterlogged at all.

You are all right. I have only been diving since 1999 and anywhere I have been the more experienced divers have been excellent with me. They answer questions, give suggestions and talk with you as if you've know them for years. This has been echoed loudly on this board. I cannot wait to jump on and see what everyone is thinking and has to say. Some conversations get a little heated (read a bunch of old threads) yet in the end all ends well.

My wife was certified this summer, and she echos my feelings. The diving neighbourhood is not to be out done by any group as far as all having the common goal. Fun, safe, and informative.

Butch :D Proud to be a member.

ID,
That says it all- and very nicely, at that.Not much else to add-just a "bravo" for the good words.
Miked

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom